A pocket size art kit that gives anxious college students a “zone out“ moment to enjoy the present through playful art-related activities.
- Investigating innovative product and service solutions for Winsor & Newton Watercolors to expand company's market share
College Students As Target User
- Anxiety comes from uncertain future, either short-term or long- term
- Students are mindful of relaxing daily when they have free time to do so
THINGS THAT CAN CAUSE ANXIETY
- GPA and financial concerns
- Worried to find an internship or job after graduating from school
- Social relationships concerns
- 60% of today’s college students suffer from anxiety disorders and psychological distress.
New York Times
- 85% of college students had felt overwhelmed.
Anxiety and Depression Association of America
- 30% of college students have reported that stress and anxiety negatively affected their academic performances. Anxiety and Depression Association of America
Why Not Seeking Help?
The Power Of
THE POWER OF COLORS
- Color psychology is based on the idea that the colors can have an effect on that person’s emotions and even on the individual’s health.
- Different colors can induce specific emotional or mental states that can change mood, the level of anxiety, or the individual’s perception of a situation.
PAINTING AND MEDITATION
- Painting allows people to step away from the trials and tribulations of life. It also helps people escape to a place that is entirely their own.
- The effect of painting is similar to meditation. It allows people to center themselves and pay more attention to what is happening in the moment.
Create a "slow down and reset" moment for anxious students to relax daily through art and painting activities
Help students focus more on the present moment instead of worrying about the uncertain future
Provide an easy and accessible using process, as well as involving activities to make the process more engaging
- Building up mockups by using various materials to figure out the right size
- Learning hand-made leather techniques
- Vegan leather with different color-ways can enhance diversity, giving people options to choose
01 Find the nearest PocketArt
02 Purchase via school's store
03 Clip the palette on & paint
04 Take photos of your work
05 Carefully preserve your work
06 Share on PocketArt APP
The size of the palette is relatively small. It is made out of decomposable plastic. Once users finish painting, they can tear apart the palette, recycle it, and preserve the artworks. The palette is purchasable from local or school’s stores or vending machines
The pouch is designed as a pocket size. It is accessible for users to carry wherever they go.
There are different color options for users to choose. Users are able to find the one that they like the most.
Portrait & Landscape
PocketArt allows you to paint in both orientations: portrait or landscape. You can create your artworks without any restrictions
Clip On To Paint
The magnetic enclosure enables the user to clip on the palette and then start to paint.
Preserve Your Art
Having the paintings collected and preserved, users can see the progress easily and recall the feelings of the moments of painting.
PocketArt App Interface
The PocketArt App can find the nearest PocketArt that are located in the city. The map will guide to the location, and also allow users to explore the city at the same time.
The PocketArt App posts the latest art events that are hosted by Winsor & Newton, or the collaboration events as well. The events are shared on social media and provide people chances to meet more friends as well.
The PocketArt App enables users to share thoughts, artworks and daily lives within the App system. Additionally, people can browse professional artists’ tutorials and learn how to paint.
The Daily Prompt feature offers users to engage projects with a brief. They can express their mood and thoughts by using paint brushes. There are no limitation, and the artworks will be shared on the platform.