A pocket size art kit that gives anxious college students a “zone out“ moment to enjoy the present through playful art-related activities.
- Investigating innovative product and service solutions for Winsor & Newton Watercolors to expand company's market share
College Students As Target User
- Anxiety comes from uncertain future, either short-term or long- term
- Students are mindful of relaxing daily when they have free time to do so
THINGS THAT CAN CAUSE ANXIETY
- GPA and financial concerns
- Worried to find an internship or job after graduating from school
- Social relationships concerns
- 60% of today’s college students suffer from anxiety disorders and psychological distress.
New York Times
- 85% of college students had felt overwhelmed.
Anxiety and Depression Association of America
- 30% of college students have reported that stress and anxiety negatively affected their academic performances. Anxiety and Depression Association of America
Why Not Seeking Help?
The Power Of
THE POWER OF COLORS
- Color psychology is based on the idea that the colors can have an effect on that person’s emotions and even on the individual’s health.
- Different colors can induce specific emotional or mental states that can change mood, the level of anxiety, or the individual’s perception of a situation.
PAINTING AND MEDITATION
- Painting allows people to step away from the trials and tribulations of life. It also helps people escape to a place that is entirely their own.
- The effect of painting is similar to meditation. It allows people to center themselves and pay more attention to what is happening in the moment.